Monday, March 12, 2012

What's in My (vegan) Shower

I promised myself I would keep up with blog posting after VeganMoFo ended, but I have failed miserably.  Nonetheless, I am back with what I hope will be more regular blog posts.  

Now, I am a bit of a beauty junkie.  Sephora is one of my favorite stores to visit and I enjoy primping myself when I have the time.  For the past few months I have been working on transitioning my beauty regime into one that is vegan.  Sadly, this is no small feat, but it is definitely doable.  I plan on doing some round-ups every so often of wonderful vegan products I have been using in the hopes that it might help some fellow vegan beauties in their search for the perfect products.  

For today's purposes, let's talk shower...

I prefer a streamlined shower routine.  The only products I use in the shower are body wash, shampoo and conditioner.  I don't see the need for additional shaving or exfoliating products.  Below are the products I have been loving.

Lavanila Healthy Body Wash in Vanilla Grapefruit

This body wash lathers wonderfully.  Lack of lather is huge pet peeve of mine.  The smell is fresh and while it stinks up your shower, (in a good way!) the scent doesn't linger on your skin so it won't clash with perfume and such.  From what I can tell, the Pure Vanilla scent is also vegan (other scents contain beeswax) so I may try that in the future.  The next body wash I plan on trying is Flying Fox from LUSH.  

Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo and Conditioner
Having fine, limp hair I tend to purchase volumizing shampoos.  It is important for me to get my hair squeaky clean since it can get quite oily.  Again, lather is important for me.  With some shampoos it takes a second wash just to get my hair clean, but with the Pureology line, this isn't a problem.  During the winter I dye my hair darker so color care is crucial.  Pureology is great for this because many (if not all) of their products are great for color treated hair.  I also have LUSH's BIG Shampoo which is wonderful, but not suitable for colored hair.  I will use this throughout the summer when I let my hair get lighter.  

First beauty round-up complete!  Keep an eye out for more to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment